ACCOUNT MANAGER - EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
A client asked for my assistance in finding the right individual for his team. He heads the benefits division for a Mid-sized agency – downtown Chicago.
His department generates $3 million in revenue and the team consist of 20 individuals, including Producers.
Their niche is in the under 500 lives market, and they do a really good job in attracting and servicing their clients.
What’s the story behind why you’re looking?
This need is prompted by a slight reorganization. A senior team member recently changed direction in his career. His team consisted of 2 Account Managers. Instead of hiring another senior leader, the decision was to promote the 2 Account managers to Account Executives and add a strong Account Manager to support the efforts of the 2 Account Executives in keeping clients happy and growing that book of business.
Who is the ideal person for this role?
We are pretty open and there are 4 possibilities that make sense, it could be someone:
- Presently working for one of the “big-box” agencies, who is working ungodly hours, is pigeonholed – doing the same things over and over and has to fight through a bureaucratic process to in order to get things done.
- Presently in a service representative role from one of the health insurance carriers , where the window-of-opportunity has closed for he/she to make a transition to the brokerage side of the business – because of his/her compensation level.
- With a growing family or looking to start a family and she would like to balance work and family, without taking a backward step in her career.
- Who is looking for a faster career path, where he/she will challenge him/her self to exceed their his/her expectations – relying on their ingenuity and creativity and work ethics.
Why should someone leave a pretty good situation to come here?
- We are nimble enough where we operate like a family. We participate in many activities outside of work. And even though we work hard, it doesn’t feel like hard work, because we all pitch-in and help each other - it feels more like we are all together for the same cause.
- Most of our team members came from the other agencies, it all depends on what they are looking for in their career and from their employer.
- We operate from 9-5. Very rarely someone is in the office after 5pm. We have the flexibility to work from home.
- We’re growing. Our value proposition is resonating in the market, and we’re seeing more new business from existing clients.
What compensation do you have in mind for the right person?
- We are pretty open, we believe we can find the right person presently in the $70K to $90K salary range. But we are for focused on making sure it’s the right fit for everyone.